Jillionaire, the internationally renowned DJ and notable member of Diplo’s group Major Lazer, releases his first solo music video “Fresh,” a twerk-heavy video shot in NYC by Beyonce director and cinematographer Shomi Patwary.
The single, which was co-produced by Salvatore Ganacci, features vocal stylings of Sanjin and twerking by Major Lazer’s dance team, brings you Jillionaire’s notorious blend of dancehall and EDM.
Fun Facts about creating this film:
· Jillionaire was inspired by the 90's: He wanted to capture the mid-to-late 90's NYC as portrayed in big budget productions, such as Hype Williams driven videos of the time. The "Flava In Ya Ear Remix" video with Biggie and LL turns ten this year and this was a big influence.
· The location of the video hits close to home, literally. Even though Jillionaire is constantly travelling the globe, he considers NYC one of his homes.
· This video was shot after NYC’s Polar Vortex, leaving the twerkers in the snow wearing nothing more than strategically placed spandex
· Jillionaire got his long time friend and Trinidadian dancer LaShaun Prescott to get in front of the camera
· The video was conceptualized when Jillionaire bonded with Shomi Patwary in Jamaica on the set of Major Lazer’s “Lose Yourself” video
· All the clothing in the music video was styled by street wear retailer Karmaloop.com (including Zanerobe, LRG and Married to the Mob)
"Fresh" travelled a long way to arrive here today, and is every bit as epic as it's global origin. Salvatore Ganacci fled the war in the Balkans to make music in Sweden, Jillionaire left Trinidad to tour worldwide with Florida's Diplo in EDM-dancehall hybrid Major Lazer, and all left sunny Jamaica to create the coldest twerk filled video ever for a track already proving to be - rightfully so- an international club hit.
JILLIONAIRE OF MAJOR LAZER RELEASES FIRST SOLO MUSIC VIDEO “FRESH”