Fresh off the Reebok x Social Status collaboration, Play Cloths continues to push the progression of street-inspired garments with a visual offering for our second delivery of the Summer 2014 season.
Featuring three distinct capsules, the Summer 2 collection represents a unique dichotomy in design. From the stark contrast and construction of our O.G.; Ghengis capsule, to the aesthetic blend of athletic, divine and prophetic motifs in our Major League capsule. The collection is a representation of the brands continued elevation and approach to contemporary streetwear.
Summer 2 Features:
- Recess has always been the capsule that stays truest to the Play Cloths brand aesthetic. Pieces in this capsule distinctly feature clothes to stylishly “play in”. The soccer/futball inspired tees are a lightweight foray into summer sportswear and just in time for the World Cup. Recess also includes new colorways of the quilted tanks and shorts introduced in Spring in chili pepper red and heather grey.
- Major League takes inspiration from America’s past time, merging athletic materials and design with themes of the divine and powerful. “Kingpins, Gods and Messiahs” are featured throughout in matte star print, emblazoned across mesh baseball jerseys, shorts, pants and snapbacks. The capsule will be available in white, navy and black color ways.
- O.G.; Ghengis, a
continued capsule from Spring 2014, takes on cultural inspiration from
the collection’s namesake. A dark, war-like, rebellious spirit runs
rampant in this O.G. portion of Summer 2. Ghengis features cut & sew panel shirts and continued usage of contrasted merged shirts.
Summer 2 Highlights:
- Recess capsule: “Lux” shirt, “Mix Up” shirt and “Fifty-Fifty” soccer jersey
- Major League capsule: “Kingpins”, Gods and Messiahs” mesh baseball jerseys
- O.G. aka Ghengis capsule: “Head Split” shirt and “Yale” jersey
Check out Summer 2 by visiting the Play Cloths online store