Taylor Gang and Chevy Woods are pleased to announce the release of Chevy's newest mixtape, Gangland 3, hosted by Atlanta's Streetz 94.5 DJ Holiday on Tuesday, January 27th.
Gangland 3 is the third installment to Chevy Wood's Gangland series that has been released over the course of two and a half years. The disc features guest appearances by label head, Wiz Khalifa, label mates, Juicy J and Ty Dolla Sign, and T. Mills. Producers Zaytoven, IDLabs, Ricky P and Sonny Digital, are a few of the hit makers supplying the beats. The mixtape also serves as the prelude to Chevy's debut EP set to be released this Spring.
Gangland 3 has turned out to be a labor of love for Chevy Woods who states, "Production wise, Gangland was very personal to me. I chose to work with producers I've had previous conversations with and vibed with in the studio. The music that came out of these sessions really means a lot to me. This is just one project, out of a long line of projects I have planned for 2015."
2015 is gearing up to being a solid year for Chevy, having released "For The Money" which was premiered by XXL a little over a week ago seeing tens of millions in digital impressions. In addition to the release of Gangland 3, Chevy is doing double duty with the release of the visual for "Shooters," the next song from the mixtape.
"The premise of 'Shooters' was derived from my love of movies. I wanted to focus on being cinematic for this video and really draw the fans into Gangland. I decided on the recreation of Purge, a favorite of mine, and shot it from my point of view, explains Chevy.
2014 was a solid year for Chevy. After a few SXSW performances, a thirty-five city "By Any Means Tour" with Kevin Gates and a MTV "JAM Of The Week" with "30 Deep," Chevy is now starting to pick up some steam. Chevy also appeared on 106 & Park's "Backroom" and BLKDMNDS x RAW's "Raw Cypher" to showcase is lyrical ability. He has also seen over 200K views for his "In The Kitchen" and "For The Money videos.
Despite being one of the first artists to join Wiz Khalifa's imprint, Chevy Woods has been strategically quiet, seeing every door opened by the label's collective success as an opportunity to mold himself into the best possible artist he could be. Today, as he prepares the release of his highly anticipated debut EP in the spring, Chevy Woods knows without a doubt that his time is now. And the work he's done puts him in prime position to prove just that in 2015.
Gangland 3 Track listing:
2. Welcome To The Trap (Produced by Arthur McArthur & Mikhail)
3. Champagne, Feat. Juicy J (Produced by IDLabs)
4. Fernando (Produced by Zaytoven)
5. Gold Chains Gold Daytons (Produced by Arthur McCarthur & Rich Kidd)
6. Yo Type (Produced by Double D)
7. Shooters (Produced by Tommy Ross)
8. In The Kitchen (Produced by IDLabs)
9. Sticc To The Plan (Produced by Ricky P & Ghetto Guitar)
10. Garfield, Feat. Wiz Khalifa (Produced by Sonny Digital)
11. Get To Know Me (Produced by K.E. & Beat Mechanics)
12. Thug It Out, Feat. Ty Dolla Sign (Produced by Ricky P & Ty Dolla Sign)
13. 5 A.M. (Produced by K.E. & Beat Mechanics)
14. For The Money, Feat. T. Mills (Produced by RMB Justize)